Transition to T Level in
Supporting young people to progress onto and succeed on a T Level
The T Level Transition Programme provides a high-quality route onto T Levels, for students who would benefit from the additional study time and preparation that it will give them before they start their T Level. For those students who choose not to go on to a T-Level the course is also provides a recognised qualification and the foundation to go on to a Construction Apprenticeship.
What will I study?
Topics have been chosen to allow students to prepare for the T-Level and to allow them to improve their English and maths, study skills, employability skills and digital skills:
- Construction Technology
- Construction and Design
- Scientific and Mathematical Applications for Construction
- Construction Processes and Operations
- Sustainability in Construction
- Exploring Surveying / Civil Engineering
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at 3 or above
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Certificate in Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- T-Level in Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning
- Following the successful completion of the Transition to T-Level and the T-Level in Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning, including roles such as a Civil Engineering Technician, Building Control Officer, Technical Surveyor, Town Planning Assistant, Building Technician or a Geospatial Technician.